[Air-L] New special issue on the Platformization of the public sphere (EJC)

Nikos Smyrnaios smyrnaios at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 18 00:39:58 PDT 2023

 Dear coleagues

I'm happy to inform you that a new special issue edited by Olivier Baisnée and me has just been published by the European Journal of Communication.
best regards
Nikos
- Apologies for crossposting-

New issue: EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF COMMUNICATION
https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/EJC/current

olume 38 Issue 5, October 2023
Special Issue: Critically understanding the platformization of the public sphereSpecial Issue: Critically understanding the platformization of the public sphere
Guest Editors: Nikos Smyrnaios & Olivier Baisnée

Introduction: Critically understanding the platformization of the public sphere
Nikos Smyrnaios
Olivier Baisnée
Free access:  https://filesender.renater.fr/?s=download&token=c178cd9a-42f5-460f-8ece-a6f9666833c8

Alt Tech and the public sphere: Exploring Bitchute as a political media infrastructure
Eugenia Siapera
Open access: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/02673231231189041

‘The non-interference principle’: Debating online platforms’ treatment of editorial content in the European Union's Digital Services Act
Charis Papaevangelou
Open access: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/02673231231189036

Comparing the platformization of news media systems: A cross-country analysis
Rasmus Kleis Nielsen
Richard Fletcher
Open access: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/02673231231189036

A method for time-varying analysis of YouTube search results and related videos: The case of the war in Ukraine
João Guilherme Bastos dos Santos
A method for time-varying analysis of YouTube search results and related videos: The case of the war in Ukraine<https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/02673231231190762>