[Air-L] Assist. Prof. of Communication and Technology, University of Arkansas (due 11/15/23)

Stephanie Schulte stephanieschulte at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 15:22:36 PDT 2023

Hello AoIR Folks!

I hope one of you will come by my new colleague.

Let me know if you have any questions about the department, institution, or
state.

Best,
Steph (Schulte)

Summary of Job Duties:The Department of Communication in the Fulbright
College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Arkansas invites
applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Communication and
Technology to start in August 2024. This is a standard nine-month faculty
appointment.

We seek a candidate whose research and teaching focus on areas pertaining
to Communication and Technology. The ideal candidate will exhibit strengths
in quantitative and/or qualitative research methods, with research that
contributes to one or more areas, including interpersonal communication,
mediated communication, organizational communication, and health
communication.

Competitive applicants will also demonstrate an ability to provide
strategic direction and collaboration with our Center for Communication
Research, as well as success in working with interdisciplinary research
teams, mentoring undergraduate and graduate students, and engaging
regional, state, and national funding agencies.

Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty,
as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working
relationships with others.

About the Department
The Department of Communication is committed to excellence in scholarship,
instruction, and expression of human communication. We nurture a thriving
intellectual community by bridging the humanities and social sciences.
Discovery, learning, diversity, and engagement are the hallmarks of this
community. Visit https://communication.uark.edu/

The Department hosts the Center for Communication Research (CCR) which
facilitates collaborative, interdisciplinary social research within the
University of Arkansas, Northwest Arkansas region, and broader intellectual
community. The CCR seeks to stimulate and support interdisciplinary
collaborations; provide opportunities for undergraduate and graduate
participation; engage regional, state, and national funding agencies; and
acquire and maintain the equipment necessary to support research endeavors.
The CCR manages a research lab space that includes state-of-the-art
technology for studying all facets of communication.

The Department is committed to hiring faculty and staff who support the
missions of the Fulbright College and the University of Arkansas to promote
a diverse and inclusive culture. We welcome applications from candidates
whose scholarship, research and/or teaching is related to social justice,
civic engagement, and the representation of marginalized people and ideas.
We strongly encourage applicants to provide evidence of how their research,
teaching, and/or service contributes to equity efforts in their application
materials.

Duties will include: 40% Teaching / 40% Research / 20% Service

Minimum Qualifications:

   -

   Terminal degree in Communication or a closely related field from an
   accredited institution of higher education conferred by the date of initial
   appointment
   -

   An active research agenda in Communication
   -

   Demonstrated competency in the classroom

Preferred Qualifications:

   -

   Research commensurate with institutions holding the highest Carnegie
   classification and with the level of appointment
   -

   Evidence of an interdisciplinary research program
   -

   Evidence of potential to work in a lab-based setting
   -

   Experience with externally funded research
   -

   Demonstrated success working with underrepresented communities and
   diverse populations.

Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):

   -

   Knowledge of and participation in contemporary scholarly conversations
   regarding communication and technology
   -

   Ability to engage with funded research teams

Additional Information:

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS

Completed applications received by 11/15/2023, will be assured full
consideration. Late applications will be reviewed as necessary to fill the
position.

For additional inquiries, please contact the search committee chairs Abe
Khan at abrahamk at uark.edu or Ringo Jones at rej025 at uark.edu.

Applicants must submit

   - a curriculum vitae,
   - a cover letter/letter of application,
   - a list of three professional references (name, title, email address,
   and phone number) willing to provide letters of recommendation if requested
   during the application process. Letters of recommendation will be requested
   only for candidates selected for interviews.

*All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas
System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
<https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS>  *

*Stephanie Ricker Schulte*

Associate Dean | Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences

Professor | Department of Communication