[Air-L] Two postdoctoral researcher positions with the ESRC Digital Good Network @ University of Sheffield

Helen Kennedy h.kennedy at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Mar 28 08:39:51 PDT 2024

The ESRC Digital Good Network <http://www.digitalgood.net/> aims to enhance
our collective understanding of what a good digital society should look
like and how we get there, by focusing on questions of equity,
sustainability and collective well-being. We are recruiting two Grade 7
postdoctoral researchers.

*A 3 year, full-time postdoctoral researcher *to work with us on the Digital
Good Index <https://digitalgood.net/digital-good-index/>. The Digital Good
Index will be a framework or set of principles or values which can be used
to evaluate digital innovations and deployments to ensure good societal
outcomes. It will build on Digital Good Network research, interviews and
roundtable discussions, and existing guidelines. *Deadline: 12th April 2024*

*A 10-month, full-time postdoctoral researcher* with expertise in evidence
reviewing, to work on a project focused on including public voices in AI
research, development and policy (RD&P). The project aims to synthesise,
build and share knowledge about public views on and public participation in
AI, as a route to ensuring public voice in AI RD&P. *Deadline: 8th April
2024.*

The successful applicants will join a growing community of doctoral and
postdoctoral researchers affiliated with the Digital Good Network, and will
be encouraged to engage in network activities, from training to
conferences, for their own development.

We believe that diverse teams help us address big global challenges. We
particularly welcome applications from currently under-represented groups
within the department, including candidates who are women, LGBTQ+, disabled
and from Black, Asian and other Minority Ethnic backgrounds.

For more information about both posts, visit
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs > browse jobs > and then search jobs.

--
Helen Kennedy, Director, ESRC Digital Good Network
<https://digitalgood.net/>, @digitalgoodnet

*LATEST PUBLICATIONS: *

Challenging assumptions about the relationship between awareness of and
attitudes to data uses amongst the UK public
<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/01972243.2023.2283729> (2023,
w/Mark Taylor and Susan Oman, *The Information Society*)

Socially meaningful transparency in data-based systems: reflections and
proposals from practice
<https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/JD-01-2023-0006/full/html?utm_source=smc_email_onboarding&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apa_author_journals_access_2023-6-14>
(2023, w/Jo Bates, Itzelle Medina Perea, Susan Oman, Lulu Pinney, *Journal
of Documentation*)

Generic visuals of Covid-19 in the news: Invoking banal belonging through
symbolic reiteration
<https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/13678779211061415>(2022,
w/Giorgia Aiello, Chris W Anderson, Camilla Mørk Røstvik, *I**nternational
Journal of Cultural Studies*.