[Air-L] The difficult conversation we don't seem to be having

Andreas Wittel andreas.wittel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 09:23:17 PST 2024

Thank you, Sky, for starting this conversation. Like you, I think that
silence is not an option. I am certainly keen to have conversations with
like-minded fellow academics on how we can contribute to stopping this
massacre and support an end to the illegal occupation of Palestine beyond
the usual things, the participation in marches and the sharing of
information on social media platforms.

It is clear by now that such conversations need to be moved somewhere else.
Nik has correctly pointed out, that this list would never agree on the
wording of a statement. It is also clear that many AOIR members do not want
a discussion on this topic via AOIR. The way forward, it seems, is to
create a platform (perhaps a new list?) for those of us who are keen to
have these conversations.

Andreas