[Air-L] The difficult conversation we don't seem to be having

Dr. Emma Briant teflpolsoc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 14:00:33 PST 2024

I'd add, as a member of the MECCSA list mentioned below - it descended into
hateful discourse on both sides, and a pile-on more akin to twitter, of
criticism against one Israeli member who was upset at the October 7
attacks, culminating in an attempt to have them excluded from the list. The
discussion was halted by the MECCSA list coordinator. It's hardly a model
for moving forward here. I second Aram's warning that this is likely to
become divisive and harmful and not likely to produce an actual statement
people will agree on.
Emma

Dr Emma L Briant

Owner: Maven of Persuasion LLC
Associate Professor at Monash University
Fellow at Bard College, Human Rights Project
Associate at University of Cambridge, Center for Financial Reporting &
Accountability
Speaking agent: Chartwell Speakers
<https://www.chartwellspeakers.com/speaker/emma-briant/>
Book agent: Inkwell Management <https://inkwellmanagement.com/>
Author of: *Propaganda and Counter-Terrorism: Strategies for Global
Change *from
Manchester University Press
Co-Author of: *Bad News for Refugees* with Prof. Greg Philo and Dr. Pauline
Donald from Pluto Press.

Support my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/emmalbriant
Website: www.emma-briant.co.uk
Sign up for my Newsletter
<http://emma-briant.co.uk/sign-up-for-important-updates/>!
Follow me on Mastodon @emmalbriant at mastodon.online
Follow me on Twitter @emmalbriant

"I thought yesterday was the first day of the rest of my life but it turns
out today is." - Steve Martin
“Women are like teabags . We don’t know our true strength until we are in
hot water.” - Unknown