[Air-L] Two-year post- or pre-doc on The Path to Power: 2024 project

Bolsover, Gillian Gillian.Bolsover at hpi.de
Mon Jan 15 06:48:14 PST 2024

Dear AoIR,

The Path to Power: 2024 project utilises the unprecedented opportunity of more than four billion people voting in elections in 2024 to generate a comparative picture of the contemporary state of democracy, political communications, influence operations, and digital media through diverse case studies.

We currently have two open two-year positions either at the post-doc or pre-doc level to supplement the geographic and cultural expertise of our team:

one position with specific expertise in the Indian context

https://jobs.plattnerfoundation.org/job-invite/387/

and one position with expertise in one or more less studied context that votes in 2024

https://jobs.plattnerfoundation.org/job-invite/388/

The project will use a combination of expert interviews and content analysis and is located within the Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) at the University of Potsdam, within easy commuting distance of Berlin.

This is an English-language team. No knowledge of German is required.

Closing date for applications is February 11th.

Best,

Dr G Bolsover
Professor of Digital Technology, Governance and Policy
Hasso Plattner Institut, University of Potsdam

Publications at Google Scholar<https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=MOitBtYAAAAJ&view_op=list_works>