[Air-L] TikTok Research API

George Pearson gpearson at truthinitiative.org
Fri Jan 12 08:29:50 PST 2024

Hello,

We're at the Shcroeder Institute, which is the academic research wing of the Truth Initiative, an anti-tobacco organization. We were granted access to the official TikTok Research API in the Autumn. We've been doing some work since then to examine the pros and cons of the official Research API (broadly, not just in tobacco), and to examine potential data limitations.

We'd love to hear from anyone else who is using the API to see how their experience has been and potentially share findings and thoughts.

If any other research groups are using the TikTok Research API and are interested in discussing it with us, please do get in touch. You can reach me at gpearson at truthinitiative.org<mailto:gpearson at truthinitiative.org>.

Thanks all,

George Pearson,
Research Manager, Schroeder Institute, Truth Initiative