[Air-L] Examples of digital citizenship and (media)literacy guides and projects

Riccardo Pronzato ric.pronzato at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 06:15:20 PST 2024

Dear Deike,

Regarding media literacy, the critical pedagogy model of prof. Annette
Markham (Utrecht University), with whom I've collaborated, can be a useful
and interesting resource. Please find some examples below.

*"A critical (theory) data literacy: tales from the field"*. A few days
ago, an article was published detailing the critical data literacy model,
elaborated on a 10-year set of critical pedagogy experiments conducted in
Denmark, USA and Italy, and engaging more than 1,500 young adults.
https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/ILS-06-2023-0087/full/html
<https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/ILS-06-2023-0087/full/html>

*"Critical Pedagogy as a Response to Datafication".* Markham's manifesto
about critical pedagogy to build data literacy.
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1077800418809470

*"Taking Data Literacy to the Streets: Critical Pedagogy in the Public
Sphere".* Another article describing a series of public arts–based
experiments to develop data literacy via self-reflexive public
interventions.
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1077800419859024

*"Returning to critical pedagogy in a world of datafication". *This piece
draws on my PhD thesis and shows a recent application of Markham's model.
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/13548565221148108

All the best,
RP

--

Riccardo Pronzato

Postdoctoral researcher

University of Bologna (Bologna, Italy)

📱 For further information about publications:

GScholar: https://bit.ly/3z3RW9r

ResearchGate: https://bit.ly/3bQEjRx

Academia.edu: *https://bit.ly/3GwGgyY <https://bit.ly/3GwGgyY>*