[Air-L] Examples of digital citizenship and (media)literacy guides and projects

Deike Schulz deike.schulz at nhlstenden.com
Tue Jan 9 03:29:10 PST 2024

Dear colleagues,

Right now we’re conducting research for the Dutch Royal Library to make an inventory of national and international digital citizenship initiatives. Our aim is to develop a guide that supports librarians, teachers and students to make an informed decision with regards to this topic when they want to organize an initiative or (research)project by themselves. I’m looking for examples of such guides internationally, from which we could learn (type of content, user experience design, media formats etc.). Examples of successful international digital citizenship projects are also very welcome!

Additionally I would appreciate it very much if members of the AoIR community would like to share their definition of ‘digital citizenship’. We already learned that digital citizenship includes a broad array of definitions, often in direct connection with other terminology such as media literacy.

Many thanks for your help!

Kind regards also on behalf of our research team,

Deike Schulz

Deike Schulz, PhD

Professor Organisations and Social Media
NHL-Stenden University of Applied Sciences
Academy Communication & Creative Business
Professorship Organisations & Social Media