[Air-L] Does AIR (dare to ) make a motion mourning death academics in war conflicts?

Nicholas John n.john at mail.huji.ac.il
Wed Feb 21 07:29:29 PST 2024

Dear Lucio and all,
There were over 100 posts on this topic over a four day period in January, at the end of which the Executive Committee and four past presidents did indeed make a statement mourning all innocent victims (http://listserv.aoir.org/pipermail/air-l-aoir.org/2024-January/093525.html).
I set the mailing list to pre-moderation given that the discourse was deteriorating and that no new points were being contributed.
I am once more setting the list to pre-moderation.
Nik

Nicholas John
Associate Professor
President, Association of Internet Researchers
Department of Communication and Journalism
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
T +972 54 7906073
@nik at aoir.social <http://aoir.social/@nik>
nicholasjohn.huji.ac.il <http://nicholasjohn.huji.ac.il/>
Recent articles:
John, N., Joeckel, S., Epstein, D. & Dogruel, L. (2023). Privacy and distance learning in turbulent times: a comparison of German and Israeli schools during the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Learning, Media and Technology, 48(3), 514-527. https://doi.org/10.1080/17439884.2022.2089682
John, N. & Katz, D. (2023). A history of features for online tie breaking, 1997-2021. Internet Histories, 7:3, 237-253, https://doi.org/10.1080/24701475.2023.2214466
John, N. (2022). Sharing and social media: The decline of a keyword? New Media & Society, https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/14614448221078603