[Air-L] Does AIR (dare to ) make a motion mourning death academics in war conflicts?

Lucio Mello luciopereiramello at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 06:57:27 PST 2024

Dear people (I still believe in the humanity of this group) of AIOR member
and followers,

I just read it: Professor Nasser Abu Al Nour, Dean of the Faculty of
Nursing at the Islamic University of Gaza, was killed along with 7 members
of his family in an attack on his home.

Just nothing I am aware that both sides of this conflict had their losses.

Are we ready to defend academic personnel beyond their nationality?

Can we make a public statement in the memoirs of those who lose their lives
in this horror?

They can be Jewish, Palestinian, Arab, Semitic People, Catholic, Sumerian,
Assyrian, Goyn, Ultra Right, Ultra Left, Marxist, Communist, Conservative,
Ultra Orthodox....

You name it!

But can we (dare to) make a statement mourning all innocent deaths in wars?

Are we bold enough to raise our voices for peace and cease fire?

Are we human enough to state that internet and internet researchers are
concerned about how internet is being used for conflict and hate speech
(from both sides)?

Can we look beyond laboratories windows and propose that internet can be
used for promoting peace and solidarity?

Because if we don't we can close AIOR tomorrow!

Let's stop pretending nothing is happening, please?

PS:
Thats my final statement. I am leaving. But hope you can discuss
among yourselves.

Good bye to you all those academic carreirst hypocrites and selfish well
living people.  (AIOR has a lot of good people but business are in the
first place here, instead of scientific truth )

I wont condone it. Good luck in the next few years... you will need to
explain your omission as internet researchers...

Now I know how Heiddeger became Dean in those horrific times.

Missing Susan Sontag and Hannah Arendt.

Get ready to being denounced as conivents Maybe not now but by the History,
for sure.

In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of
our friends.
Martin Luther King <https://www.pensador.com/autor/martin_luther_king/>