[Air-L] Mobilities and the Digital Conference | University of Birmingham 2024

Adam Packer a.m.packer at bham.ac.uk
Mon Apr 22 05:45:26 PDT 2024

Dear AOI List Members,

I wanted to share and extend an invitation for a conference I am organising with the Royal Geographical Society and its Digital Geographies Research Group (DGRG<http://digitalgeographiesrg.org>) on the theme of 'Mobilities and the Digital'. The conference is being held at the University of Birmingham on 21st June and it is hosted by the Institute for STEMM in Culture and Society (ISTEMMiCS):

"Mobilities are undergoing profound transformations in the digital era, reshaping the movement of people, goods, and information across space and time. From AI-driven urban technologies to the impact of crises like COVID-19, the digital realm increasingly influences how we experience mobility. The 2024 DGRG symposium, hosted by the University of Birmingham’s Institute for STEMM in Culture and Society on Friday, June 21st, 2024, offers a platform to explore these dynamics. We invite contributions that dissect the diverse dimensions of digitally-mediated mobilities, from their differential impacts to its spatialities traversed by ground, air, and water"

The official Call for Papers has been extended until tomorrow, but if you are interested in presenting or would like more information, just drop me an email (a.m.packer at bham.ac.uk<mailto:a.m.packer at bham.ac.uk>) by the end of this week. There are travel bursaries and discounted rates for PhDs/ECRs available too.

There's more information on the DGRG and the conference here: https://digitalgeographiesrg.org/digital-geographies-research-group-annual-symposium-mobilities-and-the-digital-call-for-papers

I would greatly appreciate if you could share the conference with interested audiences too.

Kindest regards,
Adam

Dr Adam Michael Packer (he/him)

Research Fellow – Future Flight Technologies

+44 (0)7999788267 | @adammpacker

University of Birmingham

College of Engineering & Physical Sciences

Institute for STEMM in Culture & Society (ISTEMMiCS)

www.birmingham.ac.uk<http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/>

Twitter<https://twitter.com/unibirmingham> / Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/unibirmingham/> / Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/unibirmingham> / LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/school/university-of-birmingham/>

For the most up-to-date-information, visit: www.birmingham.ac.uk<http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/>