[Air-L] [cfp] history of AI (Phuket, Thailand; September 2024)

Christopher Leslie chrisleslienyc at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 26 19:00:48 PDT 2023

Dear Colleagues:

We are organizing a history of AI track at next year’s Human Choice and Computers (HCC) conference, which is organized by IFIP Technical Committee 9 (TC 9). The overall conference theme is “Humans, Technological Innovations and Artificial Intelligence: Opportunities and Consequences.”

For 50 years, HCC has provided a forum for researchers who illuminate the role of technology choice in computing. As one of the member groups of TC 9, we are soliciting papers on the history of AI. More specifically, we are interested in how an international perspective can shed light on the current development and future directions of generative artificial intelligence. What were the most important developments related to today’s use of AI? How can international insights improve the historical understanding of AI? In what way did historical choices impact the development of how we define AI today?

HCC solicits full conference papers for consideration (3,000 to 5,000 words); selected papers will be published by Springer in a proceedings volume in advance of the workshop. The deadline is 31 January 2024. More details are available on our website: https://ifipwg97.org/workshops/hcc16/

Please pass this along to those in your networks who might have an interest in this topic. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Chris

---

Christopher Leslie

Chair, IFIP Working Group 9.7: History of Computing

Author of From Hyperspace to Hypertext: Masculinity, Globalization, and Their Discontents (Palgrave 2023)
https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-981-99-2027-3

Blog: chrisleslie.info <http://chrisleslie.info/>