[Air-L] Join the iSchool at the University of Arizona! (TT Assistant/Associate Professor in AI) [Application review starts December 1]

Zack Lischer-Katz zlkatz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 16:46:40 PST 2023

The *School of Information at the University of Arizona* invites
applications for multiple tenure track *Assistant or Associate Professor*
positions to start in Fall 2024. We are looking for candidates with
expertise in *all areas of artificial intelligence*.

Application Link:
https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/17971

For at least one of the positions, we especially encourage applications
from candidates with expertise including but not necessarily limited to the
following areas:

●      Trustworthy artificial intelligence

●      Bias and equity in machine learning

Candidates must provide evidence of how they meet the following required
qualifications:

●      A Ph.D. in information science, computer science, or a related
discipline.

●      A productive and innovative research record with promising future
directions.

Candidates may also provide evidence of how they meet the following
preferred qualifications:

●      Experience instructing, engaging, and mentoring students at the
graduate and/or undergraduate level.

●      Experience writing compelling proposals for external funding.

●      A record of outreach to and impact on schools, local communities,
businesses, or other groups not often involved in information science.

●      Experience working collaboratively with faculty, students, and staff
from different disciplines, cultures, and academic backgrounds.

Apply at https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/17971,
uploading the following documents within your application:

●      Curriculum Vitae

●      Cover Letter (preferred length: <1 page)

●      In the first Additional Document slot: a Research Statement
(preferred length: 1-2 pages).

●      In the second Additional Document slot: a Statement of Teaching
Philosophy (preferred length: 1-2 pages).

●      In the third Additional Document slot: Reference Contact List with a
minimum of three professional references and their contact information.
References will only be called after a campus visit.

*Review of applications will begin on 1 Dec 2023.*

The School of Information <https://ischool.arizona.edu/> is a standalone
academic unit at the University of Arizona. School of Information faculty
explore the intersections of people, data, and technology, with faculty
focused on artificial intelligence and data science working side-by-side
with those in focused on information behavior and societal change. The
School of Information offers nine degree programs, covering areas from
machine learning to digital archive curation to game design, and including
undergraduate, masters, and doctoral degrees.

The University of Arizona <https://www.arizona.edu/> is an R1
<https://carnegieclassifications.acenet.edu/carnegie-classification/classification-methodology/basic-classification/>
(very high research activity) institution, a Hispanic serving institution (
HSI
<https://sites.ed.gov/hispanic-initiative/hispanic-serving-institutions-hsis/>),
and the state’s only public land grant university
<https://www.aplu.org/about-us/history-of-aplu/what-is-a-land-grant-university/>.
University of Arizona benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance
plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays;
UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members;
state and optional retirement plans; innovative work-life programs
<https://lifework.arizona.edu/> to help families; relocation services
<https://lifework.arizona.edu/relocation>; access to UA recreation and
cultural activities; and more! The UA and the City of Tucson offer many
opportunities for families to be employed at the same location.

At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we
know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing
innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an
inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we
translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have
experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and
constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of
perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to
applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National
Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other
national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive
Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student,
staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and
inclusiveness.

---

Zack Lischer-Katz

Assistant Professor