[Air-L] DIGITOX seminar: Dec 5 on tech resistance in schools and young people's disconnection

Trine Syvertsen trine.syvertsen at media.uio.no
Wed Nov 8 07:21:46 PST 2023

Welcome to the international seminar series on connection and disconnection.

Upcoming seminar:

Tuesday, Dec 5, 2023, 14-15 on technological resistance in schools and young people's disconnection, with Katie Day Good and Mehri Agai.

NB: Seminars run on Norway time (CET) and are scheduled in different time slots.

Details here https://www.hf.uio.no/imk/english/research/projects/digital-disconnection/events/

Contact me for a zoom link or join the DIGITOX mailing list (below) where the zoom link will be published.
Details here: https://www.hf.uio.no/imk/english/research/projects/digital-disconnection/events/

More seminars in the spring term.

Best regards, Trine

------

We run two mailing lists from Digitox/Oslo:

DIGITOX MAILING LIST:
digitox-info: info from the Digitox-project about our seminar series. To join, write an email to sympa at media.uio.no and write subscribe digitox-info in the subject field. To unsubscribe: Write an email to sympa at media.uio.no and write unsubscribe digitox-info in the subject field (or let me know that you want to be taken off the list).

DISCONNECTION-LIST
disconnection-research: to post information about research, publications, events etc. All members can post. To join: write to sympa at media.uio.no and write subscribe disconnection-research in the subject field.
DO YOU HAVE A NEW PUBLICATION? OR A CFP? NOTIFY PEOPLE USING THE DISCONNECTION LIST; ALL MEMBERS CAN POST ON THIS LIST

Trine Syvertsen, professor, IMK, UiO
Project: Intrusive media, ambivalent users and digital detox (NFR)
Author of Digital detox: The politics of disconnecting (Emerald 2020)
Recent articles:
Framing digital disconnection: Problem definitions, values and actions among digital detox organisers (Convergence 2023);
Offline tourism: Digital and screen ambivalence in Norwegian mountain huts with no Internet access (Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, 2022)