[Air-L] New book announcement: Barcode (Object Lessons series)

Jordan Frith frithjh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 12:07:26 PST 2023

Hi all,
I am delighted to announce the publication of my new book *Barcode*, which
was just published as part of the *Object Lessons *series. I know barcodes
seem like a weird thing to write a book about, but I promise they're way
more interesting than they seem, and the book explores how barcodes became
a proto-Internet of Things that intertwined the digital of the physical and
have been one of the most successful technologies of all time. I also
discuss how the humble barcode somehow played a significant role in
everything from dystopian science fiction to biblical prophecies to a US
Presidential election. And ha...I have a section on barcode tattoos and
wrote that I would get a tattoo when the book was published, and...I now
have the book's barcode permanently on my arm :).

Anyways, the book is currently on sale for $10 on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Barcode-Object-Lessons-Jordan-Frith/dp/1501399918/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

And you can listen to a podcast interview about the book that was just
published by the New Books Network: https://newbooksnetwork.com/barcode

Thank you!

--

Jordan Frith, Ph.D.

Pearce Professor of Professional Communication

Clemson University

Pronouns: He/Him

My new *Object Lessons *book: *Barcode
<https://www.amazon.com/Barcode-Object-Lessons-Jordan-Frith/dp/1501399918/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=>