[Air-L] Ethics of analyzing reader comments to newspaper articles

Regina Tuma reginatuma at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 19:31:21 PDT 2023

   Hello dear AOIR colleagues,

   What are the ethical guidelines for analyzing reader comments to
   newspaper articles for newspapers behind a paywall? An example would be
   The New York Times. Reader comments are not accessible unless one is a
   paid subscriber or unless an article is gifted. Is this similar to
   Facebook where groups are not public? For context, I have a couple of
   articles where I want to analyze the reader comments.

   Hoping to get some insight.

   Thanks,

   Regina

   Sent from [1]Mail for Windows