[Air-L] Assistant/Associate Professor/Reader, Warwick Centre for Interdisciplinary Methodologies

Sara Leila Margaret Davis sara.davis at graduateinstitute.ch
Thu Dec 7 03:46:52 PST 2023

Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Reader (108280-1123)University of
Warwick - Centre for Interdisciplinary Methodologies

*About the Roles *

The Centre for Interdisciplinary Methodologies (CIM) is a world-class
interdisciplinary research centre with a wide-ranging portfolio of Masters
programmes. In both research and education, we proactively engage with
pressing contemporary concerns with new methodological thinking. We are
experts in the scientific, interpretive, creative and participatory methods
that allow us to address today’s most urgent challenges, from AI to digital
infrastructures to climate change. We understand impact as being about
making interventions, whether they be in policy, public understanding or
bringing about change through action research.

We are excited to say that we are starting a new phase of growth. As we
plan for the future, we will be making multiple new appointments in one or
more of the following fields:

   1. AI and society, including ethics and governance
   2. digital media and/or digital methods
   3. environment, ecology and sustainability
   4. digital health and society.

Interest in design, speculative or aesthetic methodologies, and statistical
and computational approaches to these fields is welcomed. Equally important
is a concern with addressing the social inequalities of race, gender,
sexual orientation, age or disability. We would welcome candidates who have
experience working in the Global South, particularly East and Southeast
Asia.

*About You *

You will need to show that you have a promising or established track record
of internationally recognized interdisciplinary research and experience in
the design and delivery of interdisciplinary teaching. You should have an
interest in or be able to demonstrate a track record in mobilizing funding
and using research to deliver impact. You will be enthusiastic about
teaching students from a wide variety of backgrounds in arts and
humanities, sciences, social sciences and computer science and be able to
contribute to teaching on one or more of our established Masters’
programmes.

You will have an interest in one or more of our research themes, as well as
the interest, capability and motivation to develop your own research
profile and apply for research funding from a wide variety of funding
bodies. See, for example, some of our past and current projects. You will
be able to play a significant role in the development of teaching
programmes in the Centre as well as attracting and supervising PhD students.

At CIM, we are committed to continuously improving our efforts in building
and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment
for students and all staff. We believe that every member of our team
enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways of
understanding the world. We welcome candidates from underrepresented
groups, including from the Global South.

For further information regarding the skills required for this role please
see the personal specification section of the attached job description.

Right to work in the UK and details about eligibility for sponsorship for a
Skilled Worker Visa.

*About the Department *

Centre for Interdisciplinary Methodologies (CIM) (warwick.ac.uk)
<https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/cross_fac/cim>

The mission of the Centre for Interdisciplinary Methodologies (CIM) is to
investigate how methods and methodical practices drive interdisciplinary
research, and how interdisciplinary research drives
methodological innovation. You will join a friendly and supportive team,
made up of approximately 16 academics and 2 research software engineers who
are committed to working together to conduct high-quality interdisciplinary
research and research-led teaching. Our research and teaching bridges the
three faculties at Warwick – Arts, Social Sciences and Science, Engineering
and Medicine - and develops the transformative possibilities to be found at
the intersections of disciplines across the whole of the University.  You
will contribute to our shared mission through your critical, innovative
approach to methodology, complementing and extending the range of
approaches we bring to research and education.

For further information about the Centre for Interdisciplinary
Methodologies or the posts, please contact the Director, Professor Celia
Lury: c.lury at warwick.ac.uk.

*About the University *

Born in the 60s with a mindset of boldness, imagination and collaboration,
the University of Warwick is a world-leading research-intensive university
with the highest academic and research standards. We’re one of the world’s
top universities, ranked 67th in the world and 10th in the UK*, with 92% of
our research assessed to be ‘world leading or internationally excellent’**.

You'll be joining a diverse, innovative and globally connected community
committed to igniting real world progress. Here at Warwick, we offer you
opportunities to follow your ambitions as long as you bring the
determination to succeed.

*QS World University Rankings 2024

** Research Excellence Framework 2021

To find out more about us visit our website. <https://warwick.ac.uk/about/>

*How to Apply *

For informal enquiries, please contact Professor Celia Lury (
c.lury at warwick.ac.uk). To apply please complete your essential personal
details and attach a CV and cover letter by the closing date of 22nd
January 2024. Please ensure your CV includes your most recent employment
experience along with any additional relevant experience and education
history. Your cover letter should detail how you meet the essential and
desirable criteria for this post.

The interviews will be held on: TBC.

Your letter of application *must* include:

i) the level (Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Reader) for which
you would like to be considered;

ii) which field(s) of study you are applying for;

iii) details of how you would contribute to, extend and develop CIM’s
research profile and teaching programmes;

iv) your experience of applying for research funding.

*What we Offer *

We will provide you with a great range of benefits, which include an
attractive pension scheme, 30 days holiday plus Christmas closure,
excellent learning and development opportunities, and savings on a wide
range of products and services. We offer a generous
maternity/paternity/adoption/parental leave policy, and onsite childcare
facilities.

We recognise the importance of a healthy work/life balance and offer you
access to flexible working, for more information click here
<https://warwick.ac.uk/services/humanresources/internal/rewardandbenefits/>
.

We are proud to say that we are a Living Wage employer
<https://warwick.ac.uk/insite/news/intnews2/living-wage-accreditation>.

*Our Commitment to Inclusion *

Warwick is committed to building an organisation of mutual
respect and dignity, promoting a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive
working and learning environment.  We recognise that everyone is different
in a variety of visible and non-visible ways, and that those differences
are to be recognised, respected, and valued.  Where possible, we go beyond
legislation to provide a place where everyone can thrive, supporting all
staff to achieve their full potential. We aspire to remove economic,
social, and cultural barriers that may otherwise prevent people from
succeeding.

We therefore welcome and encourage applications from all communities
regardless of culture, background, age, disability, sex/gender, gender
identity or expression, ethnicity, religion/belief, or sexual or romantic
orientation. To find out more about our social inclusion work at Warwick
visit our webpages here <https://warwick.ac.uk/services/socialinclusion/>.

The University currently holds a Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
<https://warwick.ac.uk/services/socialinclusion/projects/chartermarks/raceequalitycharter>
, Athena Swan Sliver Award
<https://warwick.ac.uk/services/socialinclusion/projects/chartermarks/athena>
and
a Disability Smart Bronze Award
<https://warwick.ac.uk/services/socialinclusion/projects/chartermarks/disabilitystandard>.
The
University of Warwick is also one of the six founder institutions of
the EUTOPIA
European University <https://eutopia-university.eu/> Alliance
<https://eutopia-university.eu/>.

*Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)*

The University of Warwick complies with the DBS Code of Practice and
undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against anyone who makes a
Disclosure relating to a conviction or other information revealed.  More
information is available on the University’s Vacancy pages and applicants
may request a copy of the DBS Code of Practice.
*Job Description  *JD - Assistant Professor-Associate Professor-Reader
(108280, 100047, 71662).pdf – 814KB
<https://warwick-careers.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-4/user-11595/xf-184e1e45d713/candidate/download_file_opp/631/105858/1/0/2c1b5122574d1178ebbac802ceb03b9e752d2a35>

*Right to Work in the UK*
If you do not yet have the right to work in the UK and/or are seeking
sponsorship for a Skilled Worker visa in the UK Points-based Immigration
System
<https://warwick.ac.uk/services/humanresources/vacancies-old/rtwforapplicants/>
please
follow the link which contains further information about obtaining the
right to work in the UK and details about eligibility for sponsorship for a
Skilled Worker Visa.

Full details of the duties and selection criteria for this role can be
found in the vacancy advert on the University of Warwick's jobs pages. You
will be routed to this when you click on the Apply button.

--
*Sara (Meg) Davis, Ph.D.*
*Research Associate, *Global Governance Centre, Geneva Graduate Institute