[Air-L] CfP: A Toolbox of Feminist Wonder – Theories and methods that can make a difference

Karin Hansson khansson at dsv.su.se
Mon Aug 28 08:01:49 PDT 2023

Submit to our one-day workshop exploring feminist theoretical and methodological approaches in CSCW and HCI.

In  this  hybrid workshop at CSCW 2023 (https://cscw.acm.org/2023/), October 15 in Minneapolis, MN, USA, we will revisit our feminist roots, where theory is a liberatory and creative practice, motivated by affect, curiosity, and wonder. The goal of this workshop is to; 1) create an inventory of feminist theories and concepts that have had an impact on our work as designers, educators, researchers, and activists; 2) develop a feminist toolbox for the CSCW community to strengthen our feminist literacy.

To participate, submit a 2-4 pages position paper where you suggest one or more feminist theories and methods that have been useful in your previous research. Describe the theory/method and explain how you have used them. As this is a hybrid workshop, notify if you intend to participate online or offline.
Use the templates found here: https://authors.acm.org/proceedings/production-information/taps-production-workflow
E-mail your submission to: atoolboxofwonder at gmail.com<mailto:atoolboxofwonder at gmail.com>

Deadline: September 22, 2023 (decision notification: September 28)

Information: https://blogg.sh.se/a-toolbox-of-feminist-wonder/

For more information contact Karin Hansson (Karin.hansson at sh.se<mailto:Karin.hansson at sh.se>) or Adrian Petterson (a.petterson at mail.utoronto.ca<mailto:a.petterson at mail.utoronto.ca>)