[Air-L] Grant program announcement: NEH's Dangers and Opportunities of Technology

Brennan, Sheila sbrennan at neh.gov
Mon Aug 7 07:59:59 PDT 2023

Greetings colleagues,

The National Endowment for the Humanities Dangers & Opportunities of Technology: Perspectives from the Humanities (DOT)<https://www.neh.gov/program/dangers-and-opportunities-technology-perspectives-humanities> grant program is now accepting applications for the October 11, 2023, deadline.

DOT issues a direct call for new research that explores the relationship between technology and culture as well as technology's dramatic impacts on society.  Please note that "technology" may be interpreted broadly and that DOT encourages research into technologies not only of the modern or digital era but from any time period. A short, recorded presentation is available on the program's resource page<https://www.neh.gov/program/dangers-and-opportunities-technology-perspectives-humanities> detailing the program's goals, requirements, restrictions, and application process that may be watched at any time.

I invite you to join me and other program officers from the Office of Digital Humanities for a live Q&A session about DOT Tuesday, August 15, 2023, at 2pm Eastern. Click here to register for the Q&A<https://events.gcc.teams.microsoft.com/event/9fd1d723-2090-4ebb-982b-f38ad71ce770@93b06459-c77d-44b6-af7f-e813cddcdcc3>.

NEH is also launching a new initiative, Humanities Perspectives on Artificial Intelligence (AI), to support research projects that seek to understand and address AI's ethical, legal, and societal implications.

If you are interested in the program, but don't think you will be applying this year, we always need peer reviewers. Please contact us to volunteer odh at neh.gov<mailto:odh at neh.gov>.

We will offer one more deadline for the DOT program next year, September 12, 2024.

Cheers, Sheila

Sheila A Brennan, PhD (she/her)
Senior Program Officer & Dangers and Opportunities of Technology Team Lead
http://neh.gov/odh