[Air-L] Ranking Digital Rights seeks a Research Director

Nathalie Marechal marechal at rankingdigitalrights.org
Tue May 24 11:34:00 PDT 2022

Dear AoIR colleagues,

Are you concerned about the growing power that internet, mobile, and telecommunications companies have over people’s lives? Do you believe that corporations as well as governments have a responsibility to respect human rights? Do you have a qualitative and/or quantitative research background and experience handling or interpreting large data sets to inform public policy? If so, Ranking Digital Rights (RDR) <https://rankingdigitalrights.org/> encourages you to apply to become our Research Director.

The Research Director is a senior-level position at Ranking Digital Rights (RDR). This person is responsible for conceptualizing and overseeing the production, maintenance, and launch of the RDR Corporate Accountability Index, including our annual Big Tech and Telco Giants Scorecards, as well as other related projects and publications. In addition, the Research Director will work with our Global Engagement Manager and our research partners around the world to further build capacity for global corporate accountability research and advocacy. Their broader mandate is to develop research-driven mechanisms for supporting our primary stakeholders and allies to hold companies accountable for human rights, and to extend RDR’s impact as a thought leader in internet policy as it relates to tech and telecom companies’ business and human rights obligations.

This is a REMOTE position. We would prefer someone based within one time zone of US Eastern Time, but can be flexible for the right candidate.
Full position description, preferred qualifications and salary range see here: https://rankingdigitalrights.org/jobs/research-director/

Warm regards,

Nathalie

Nathalie Maréchal, PhD (she/her)
Policy Director
Ranking Digital Rights
marechal at rankingdigitalrights.org  <https://twitter.com/rankingrights>
@rankingrights <https://twitter.com/rankingrights> | @MarechalPhD <http://www.twitter.com/MarechalPhD>
Website <https://rankingdigitalrights.org/> | Subscribe to our newsletter <https://rankingdigitalrights.org/newsletter/>
PGP Key Fingerprint EB43 3CE8 A759 5419 52C0 2FF1 B721 C0BF 0F43 0663