[Air-L] PhD and PostDoc positions @ Uppsala University InfoLab

Matteo Magnani matteo.magnani at it.uu.se
Wed May 11 02:18:50 PDT 2022

Dear colleagues, we have two open positions that may be relevant for this list:
PhD position on: Analysis of online communication https://uu.se/en/about-uu/join-us/details/?positionId=501594
PostDoc position on: Social image analysis https://www.uu.se/en/about-uu/join-us/details/?positionId=508164

The application deadline is May 31, 2022 for both. You find the description of the profiles in the linked pages. It would be great if you could share this information with prospective candidates if you know some.
The successful candidates will join the Uppsala University Information Laboratory (https://uuinfolab.github.io), where we do research in social data science. The lab is part of the EU-funded Nordic Observatory for Digital Media and Information Disorder and has several ongoing collaborations with the Disciplinary Domain of Humanities and Social Sciences.
The PhD position is for at most five years and includes department duties (mainly teaching) at a level of at most 20%. The PostDoc position is for two years, and also includes 20% department duties (mainly teaching). Knowledge of Swedish is not required, most of our courses can be taught in English.

Uppsala is a great place where to live: a picturesque town with a thousand-year history, but also a growing city bustling with business and activities. Uppsala University plays a big role in the city, with around one fourth of the residents being students. Sweden has a generous welfare system that includes paid parental leave, affordable daycare and practically free medical care. Stockholm is 40 minutes away by train.

If you have questions, you can contact Davide Vega (davide.vega at it.uu.se) for the first position and myself for the second.

Best,
--
Matteo Magnani
Docent (Associate Professor) in Computing Science and Distinguished university teacher

När du har kontakt med oss på Uppsala universitet med e-post så innebär det att vi behandlar dina personuppgifter. För att läsa mer om hur vi gör det kan du läsa här: http://www.uu.se/om-uu/dataskydd-personuppgifter/

E-mailing Uppsala University means that we will process your personal data. For more information on how this is performed, please read here: http://www.uu.se/en/about-uu/data-protection-policy