[Air-L] Internet Researchers' Conference 2022: #Home [May 25-27]

Ambika Tandon ambikatandon94 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 01:05:30 PDT 2022

Dear All,

We are excited to announce that the fifth edition of the Internet
Researchers' Conference (IRC) will be held online on May 25-27, 2022!

This annual conference series was initiated by the researchers at work (r at w)
programme at CIS in 2016 to gather researchers and practitioners engaging
with the internet in/from India to congregate, share insights and tensions,
and chart the ways forward.

This year, the conference brings together a set of reflections and
conversations on how we imagine and experience the home —as a space of
refuge and comfort, but also as one of violence, care, labour and
movement-building.  What has it meant to be at home, and what is home? What
is and has been the role of the internet and digital media technologies in
navigating the contours of a changing ‘normal’? How have/can digital
technologies help overcome, or exacerbate existing social, economic and
political challenges during the pandemic? What forms of digital
infrastructure—tools, platforms, devices and services—help build, sustain
and alter the notion of home?

For more details see: https://cis-india.org/raw/irc-22-home

A detailed conference schedule will be added shortly on our website. IRC is
a free event, please do register to join, using this link:
https://tinyurl.com/reg-irc22
Registration closes on Tuesday, May 24 at 4 PM IST/6.30AM ET.

Please share with your networks, do write back if you have any queries.

Best wishes,

IRC22 Team