[Air-L] New Book: "Concealing for Freedom"

Francesca Musiani francesca.musiani at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 02:40:04 PDT 2022

Dear colleagues,

I am happy to announce the publication of my book with Ksenia Ermoshina,
"Concealing for Freedom: The Making of Encryption, Secure Messaging and
Digital Liberties" (Mattering Press, April 2022, with a foreword by Laura
DeNardis).

The book is released in open access and available here in a variety of
digital formats:
https://www.matteringpress.org/books/concealing-for-freedom
Please consider however to buy a paper copy if you or your university
library can do so, it will help Mattering Press to thrive.

The publication is accompanied by a blog post that reflects on the
relationship of phenomena and events described in the book to current
events:
https://www.matteringpress.org/blog/encryption-and-technologies-of-power-in-a-cyber-war-torn-world

Thank you to everyone who supported us during this research and writing
endeavor (including several colleagues in the AoIR community), and in
advance to everyone who considers reading or buying the book.

All the best
Francesca (and Ksenia)

--
Francesca Musiani, Ph.D.

Chargée de recherche | Associate Research Professor, CNRS
<http://www.cnrs.fr>
Directrice adjointe | Deputy Director, Centre for Internet and Society
<https://cis.cnrs.fr> (UPR 2000 & GDR 2091 CNRS)
Chercheuse associée | Associate Researcher, i3-CSI
<http://www.csi.ensmp.fr/>, MINES ParisTech
Global Fellow, Internet Governance Lab <https://internetgovernancelab.org>,
American University

I'm involved in: CPT-IAMCR <https://iamcr.org/s-wg/section/cpt> | Internet