[Air-L] New book: The Future of Media (open access)

Zylinska, Joanna jo.zylinska at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 09:04:17 PDT 2022

   Dear All,

   We have the pleasure to let you know about the publication of our book,
   The Future of Media, coedited by Goldsmiths Media and myself, which has
   just come out from Goldsmiths Press.

   Here is the book’s description:

   How do we combat post-truth in the news? Are social media influencers
   the journalists of today? What is it like to live in a smart city? Does
   AI really change ‘everything’? The Future of Media investigates the
   future of media industries and technologies (journalism, TV, film,
   photography, radio, publishing, social media), while exploring how
   media shape our future – on a political, economic, cultural and
   individual level. Issues of diversity, media reform, labour, activism
   and art take the discussion into a wider social context. Through this,
   the book celebrates the importance and vitality of media in the modern
   world. The Future of Media is also an experiment in collaborative modes
   of thinking and working. Co-authored by theorists and practitioners
   from one of the world’s most established media departments and their
   collaborators, it offers a radical, creative and critical take on media
   industries – and on world affairs.

   An open-access version of the book can be downloaded from the GRO
   repository [click on the download button]:

   [1]https://research.gold.ac.uk/id/eprint/31658/

   If you like the book, we hope you will be able to support Goldsmiths
   Press by ordering a paper copy for yourself and/or your library, via
   their distributor, MIT Press:

   [2]https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/future-media

   The book also has a companion website, featuring practice works
   engaging with the future of media:

   [3]https://www.golddust.org.uk/futureofmedia

   Best,

   Joanna & Colleagues

--

   Joanna Zylinska

   Professor of Media Philosophy + Critical Digital Practice

   King's College London

   Department of Digital Humanities

   http://www.joannazylinska.net

   LATEST:

   Beyond Machine Vision: How to Build a Non-Trivial Perception Machine
   [open access article]

   http://www.transformationsjournal.org/2022-issue-no-36-artificial-creat
   ivity/

   1000 Words: Writer Conversations on Photography [interview]

   http://www.1000wordsmag.com/joanna-zylinska/