[Air-L] Creator Labour reports

Errol Salamon E.Salamon at hud.ac.uk
Wed Mar 20 14:08:06 PDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

I hope that this email finds you well. On behalf of the Creator Labour project, I am excited to share two recent Open Access reports that were published in late 2023 thanks to funding from the Screen Industries Growth Network (SIGN). They may be of interest to anyone researching the social media creator economy, labour, influencers, and/or governance:

  *
Levelling Up Social Media Content Creator Labour: https://screen-network.org.uk/publication/levelling-up-social-media-content-creator-labour/
     *
This report examines policy, industry data, and interviews with self-employed content creators in Yorkshire and makes recommendations for actions to support regional diversity and inclusion in the creator economy.
  *

  *
Industry Briefing: Levelling up the social media creator economy: https://screen-network.org.uk/publication/industry-briefing-levelling-up-the-social-media-creator-economy/
     *
The report outlines issues in the social media creator economy. It addresses gaps in policy in efforts to level up, and recommends action in areas that could support regional diversity and inclusion.

If you have any questions about this work or would like to arrange a meeting, please get in touch: e.salamon at hud.ac.uk.

All the best,

Errol

Dr. Errol Salamon (he/him)
Senior Lecturer in Digital Media and Communication
Department of Communication and Humanities
University of Huddersfield
Queensgate
Huddersfield
HD1 3DH
United Kingdom
Office: JM2/02
University of Huddersfield inspiring global professionals.
[https://marketing.hosting.hud.ac.uk/images/EmailSigFooterFeb2024.jpg]