[Air-L] An open letter: Internet Researchers in Solidarity with Palestine

Sky Croeser scroeser at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 18:03:39 PDT 2024

In the wake of the disappointing discussion on the mailing list earlier
this year, we have put together an open letter expressing our frustration
with AoIR's response and seeking ways to build solidarity: it is available
here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScsxXuwTFHM1HrdyVgJ4F7oC4dzby2orT5UW1ejbwqVKGMRFw/viewform?usp=sf_link>
.

This letter remains open for anyone from the broad AoIR community to sign:
whether you are a current or past member, have attended conferences online
or in person, or are on the mailing list.

It is clear that this mailing list will not be a good space for discussing
Palestine, and that the executive have decided to shut down further
discussion. If you are interested in solidarity efforts, we therefore
invite you to sign the letter and/or join the solidarity affinity group
linked to in the letter rather than engaging in any discussion here.

Yours in sorrow and in solidarity,
sky.