[Air-L] CfP Pre-Conference ECREA 2024

Kling, Julia julia.kling at uni-passau.de
Tue Mar 5 03:32:24 PST 2024

Dear AoIR community,

we (RUSINFORM, https://www.rusinform.uni-passau.de/en/) are announcing a call for papers for the ECREA pre-conference "The Informational Influence of Autocracies Abroad", which will take place in Ljubljana on 23 September, before the main ECREA conference (https://ecrea2024ljubljana.eu/). You can find more information on our website: https://www.rusinform.uni-passau.de/en/ecrea24preconf/

Our pre-conference will examine the external propaganda of authoritarian regimes around the world, including Russia, China, Iran and Turkey, analysing the creators, content, strategies and audiences. It aims to juxtapose historical and contemporary techniques.

Proposals of 300-500 words, excluding references, should be submitted to serge.poliakoff at uni-passau.de with the subject line "ECREA 2024 Pre-Conference". All proposals should be in English. The deadline for submission of proposals is 3 April 2024.
Submitted proposals will be notified of acceptance/rejection by 29 April 2024. There is no pre-conference fee. This is an offline event, so all accepted presenters will be required to present in person.

Best regards,
Julia Kling

Researcher and PhD-Candidate
ERC Consolidator Grant Research Group
"The Consequences of the Internet for Russia's Informational Influence Abroad" (RUSINFORM)
Web: https://www.rusinform.uni-passau.de/en/

Centre for Media and Communication (ZMK)
University of Passau
Dr.-Hans-Kapfinger-Straße 14c, R. 401
94032 Passau