[Air-L] Online panel: Examining the role of platforms and AI in elections | 9 Feb 2024

Orsolya Gulyás Orsolya.Gulyas at vub.be
Wed Jan 31 08:29:29 PST 2024

Dear colleagues,

The Centre for Digitalisation, Democracy and Innovation (CD2I) at the Brussels School of Governance is organising an online panel discussion about the role of platforms and AI in elections. Experts from various fields will discuss actions that platforms are undertaking, how online political campaigning is currently regulated in the EU, and how these measures interplay. Speakers will also place the upcoming European Parliament and national elections in the wider context of our saturated (dis)information environment and reflect on how platforms and politicians can maintain and restore trust with citizens.

The panel discussion will take place on 9 February at 14.00 (CET) on Zoom, please register to receive the meeting link.

Registration: https://brussels-school.be/output/events/winter-school-online-policy-panel-examining-role-platforms-and-ai-elections

Speakers:

  *   Trisha Meyer, Director of the Centre for Digitalisation, Democracy and Innovation, Brussels School of Governance
  *   Nicola Aitken, Meta, Lead, Stakeholder Engagement and Content Policy
  *   Mattia Caniglia, Atlantic Council’s DFR Lab, Associate Director, Capacity Building
  *   Mihalis Kritikos, European Commission, DG-RTD, Policy Analyst, Ethics and Integrity Sector

Best wishes,

ORSOLYA GULYÁS
PhD Researcher
orsolya.gulyas at vub.be<mailto:orsolya.gulyas at vub.be>