[Air-L] UMD's iSchool is hiring open rank faculty in survey methodology & data science

Jessica Vitak jvitak at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 13:42:55 PST 2024

The University of Maryland's College of Information Studies (iSchool), in
collaboration with the university's Joint Program in Survey Methodology
(JPSM) seeks an open rank tenured or tenure track faculty focused on
pursuing novel, innovative, and impactful research at the intersection of
data science and survey methodology to address core societal information
problems. We welcome candidates whose scholarship explores the use of
complementary sources of information, including social media and the web,
to enhance traditional surveys; as well as candidates exploring the design
of novel survey methodology approaches through novel technologies and
platforms.

*See the full job ad here: *https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/116070
*Best consideration date* is February 16, 2024.
*Questions? *You can email the search chair (that's me, Jessica Vitak /
jvitak at umd.edu).

*My perspective as search chair:* we're looking for a computational social
scientist and/or social scientist with survey expertise who works on
"iSchool-y" topics/questions to join us as we continue building out our
third undergraduate major in Social Data Science (joint program shared
between the iSchool and the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences). I
have been in the iSchool for 12 years and have had an affiliate appointment
in JPSM for four years, so I can answer questions about both programs. If
hired, your tenure home would be the iSchool.

Jessica Vitak, PhD (she/her/hers)
Associate Professor, College of Information Studies
Faculty Director, Doctoral Program
Director, Human-Computer Interaction Lab (HCIL)
University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742
www.ischool.umd.edu | jvitak at umd.edu | 301-405-8617
https://jessicavitak.com | https://pearl.umd.edu | https://hcil.umd.edu