[Air-L] Submissions for #AoIR2024 are open

Michelle, Association of Internet Researchers ac at aoir.org
Mon Jan 15 10:43:13 PST 2024

The Association of Internet Researchers invites submissions for our 25th
annual conference, #AoIR2024: Industry
<https://aoir.org/aoir2024/aoir2024cfp/> (Sheffield, UK, 30 October - 2
November, 2024), which will take place at the University of Sheffield. The
deadline for submissions is 1 March 2024 at 11:59 PM UTC.  (What time is
that for me?
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=AoIR2024+Submission+Deadline&iso=20240301T235959&p1=1316>
)

For this year’s conference we are excited to be introducing more extensive
hybrid options than in the past, while ensuring that this does not impact
on the unique atmosphere that makes AoIR’s conference everyone’s favorite
conference. To this end, we shall be accepting proposals for papers to be
presented remotely and we will be live streaming a number of the sessions,
allowing for remote participation in the conference. Given that this is
quite a big step for us, we shall be limiting the number of remote
presentations to one or two per paper panel, and only for some of the
panels per session.

In addition, two of our core events will continue to run in both
face-to-face and online versions: the Doctoral Colloquium
<https://aoir.org/aoir2024/subtypes/> and the Early Career Researcher (ECR)
event. Submissions <https://aoir.org/aoir2024/subtypes/> for both modes of
the Doctoral Colloquium are open; as with our other preconferences, calls
for participation in both modes of the ECR event will be distributed
shortly after conference acceptance notifications. We also plan to provide
online access for all AoIR members to our larger events (keynote,
plenaries, and Annual General Meeting).

Submission to AoIR 2024: Industry

The 2024 conference welcomes contributions that address the broad theme of
Industry <https://aoir.org/aoir2024/aoir2024cfp/>.

To re-familiarize yourself with the call for proposals and types of
submissions solicited, please see here: https://aoir.org/aoir2024/subtypes/
<https://aoir.org/aoir2023/subtypes/>

When submitting, please take the time to read the submission categories and
topics carefully; this helps us match your submission to a suitable
reviewer. To learn more about how submissions are reviewed, please see
here: https://aoir.org/sub_review_info_aoir/

In the interest of diversity and collegiality, each conference participant
is limited to presenting a maximum of two papers (either as standalone
papers or as parts of a panel or one of each; fishbowls, experimental
sessions and roundtables are not counted against your maximum of two
presentations). You can be a co-author on additional papers, but you must
not be the scheduled presenter of these papers.

Please email any questions about the submissions process to
AoIRConfChair at aoir.org.

Click here to go to the submission site: https://www.conftool.org/aoir2024/

We look forward to your proposals and to a vibrant and stimulating
conference in Sheffield!

Sincerely,

AoIR2024 Program Chair

----