[Air-L] Recruiting: Associate Professor in Digital Culture at Oxford University

Victoria Nash victoria.nash at oii.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 21 01:26:08 PST 2024

Dear AOIR colleagues,

I am delighted to announce that the Oxford Internet Institute at the University of Oxford is advertising for an Associate Professor in Digital Culture in association with Green Templeton College.

The successful candidate will conduct outstanding teaching and research in the field of digital life and culture. The position is open to candidates from the social sciences with a research profile in areas such as Internet cultures (identity, norms, expression, aesthetics), digital arts and creativity, social movements and participation, cultural analytics or related areas.We are particularly keen to find applicants conducting policy-relevant research and those with skills in digital ethnography, online interviewing, cross-cultural qualitative analysis or large-scale qualitative data analysis

The post is permanent (subject to successful review during the initial period of office), and is available from October 1st 2024. Full details are available here: https://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/vacancies/

Applications are particularly welcomed from women and black and minority ethnic candidates who are underrepresented in academic posts in Oxford.

Do please share this with your networks. I am happy to answer any questions.
All best wishes,
Vicki Nash

Dr Victoria Nash
Associate Professor & Senior Policy Fellow
Director, Oxford Internet Institute
University of Oxford

T: 01865 287231
Tw: @VickiNashOII

Do note that as I juggle work and family life I may resort to working on evenings or weekends. Please don’t feel any pressure to respond out of usual working hours.