[Air-L] Digital Cultures and Mobile Apps Conference

Ana Marta M. Flores amflores at fcsh.unl.pt
Wed Feb 7 05:03:16 PST 2024

*Digital Cultures and Mobile Apps Conference*

We are thrilled to invite everyone to *MyGender Project* Final Conference:
Digital Cultures and Mobile Apps. The conference is set to take place in
person, on *February 26, 2024*, at the Anfiteatro III, Faculdade De Letras,
Universidade de Coimbra. This conference promises engaging discussions on
the intersection of digital cultures and mobile applications in the context
of gender. To secure your spot, kindly register through the registration
link <https://forms.gle/cFSyuoPayxxdXTx38>.

We welcome the renowned scholar *Professor Andreas Hepp* from the Centre
for Media, Communication, and Information Research at the University of
Bremen, Germany, to kick off the event with a keynote on "What do we know
about our digital futures? Pioneer communities, artificial intelligence,
and sustainability!" Guided by moderator Sofia José Santos (FEUC/Centro de
Estudos Sociais), this session promises to set the stage for a day of
thought-provoking insights.

We will also promote a dynamic exchange of ideas during our round table
discussion featuring experts Tatiana Moura (Centro de Estudos
Sociais/Masculinidades.PT), Maria José Brites (Universidade
Lusófona/CICANT) and Lidia Marôpo (Instituto Politécnico de
Setúbal/CICS.NOVA). Together, they will explore the results of the MyGender
project and unveil the much-anticipated MyGender app.

*Professor Eugenia Siapera* from the University College Dublin will close
the conference with a captivating keynote on "Navigating the Shadows:
Exploring Gender Narratives on Alt Tech Platforms." Virgínia Ferreira
(Associação Portuguesa de Estudos sobre as Mulheres) will guide this final
session, leaving attendees with valuable perspectives on the intricate
narratives surrounding digital spaces.

Check here the full programme
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RkTzm8NJ6GsIQ0HI6zEI_LC0nYRhgrzLv-AMOrOW2t0/edit?usp=sharing>
.
*Digital Cultures and Mobile Apps Conference*
February 26, 2024
Anfiteatro III (FLUC)
Universidade de Coimbra
Free entrance