[Air-L] Mapping the dynamics between parliamentary debates and online extremism

Schaefer, M.T. (Mirko) m.t.schaefer at uu.nl
Tue Apr 30 04:01:43 PDT 2024

Dear list,

at Utrecht University's Data School<https://dataschool.nl/en/> we investigated dynamics between parliamentary debates and online extremism. We collected nearly 50 million messages from Twitter and Telegram, and parliamentary debates of 1,5 years. Our analysis shows how expressions in parliament are fueling rage online or are informed by framing and expressions voiced online. Here is the English translation of our research report:

Playing with Fire. How the Interplay between the Dutch House of Representatives and Social Media Fuels Rage
https://dataschool.nl/en/news/playing-with-fire/

It is also probably the last massive dataset we could collect from Twitter.

Don't hesitate to contact us for questions or comments.

Cheers,
mirko

Mirko Tobias Schäfer | Associate Professor of AI, Data & Society|
Sciences Lead at Data School | Program Leader Applied Data Science|
Department of Information & Computing Sciences |
Utrecht University | ICS | Princetonplein 5 | 3584 CC Utrecht |