[Air-L] C2i2 Summer Fellow Applications Due 4/30/24

Stacy E. Wood swood at c2i2.ucla.edu
Wed Apr 10 10:06:38 PDT 2024

C2i2 Summer 2024 Fellowship Call: Internet Democracies

We are interested in work on the intersections of democracy/democracies and the Internet, broadly conceived. We are open to a wide range of disciplines, methods, approaches, theoretical traditions and standpoints including but not limited to: critical Internet studies, critical data studies, science and technology studies, technology law and policy, equity and justice-oriented work on technology and or democratic processes and governance, etc. We are excited to welcome a diverse cohort working across local, regional and global scales.

Applicants should have an approved prospectus by the start of the fellowship. This program is designed to release students from any employment obligations that might act as a barrier to dissertation work and awardees should consider it as their primary summer activity.

Fellows will have the opportunity to meet with mentors associated with C2i2 in support of their projects. We aim to facilitate close working relationships between the C2i2 broader network and awardees to expand student networks during a crucial time in their graduate school career. Awardees are expected to meet monthly with their peers and mentors in order to present works-in-progress, receive feedback and address needs that might arise over the summer. All meetings for Summer 2022 will be virtual. Although the fellowship is confined to the summer (July-September), fellows will have access to the C2i2 network and C2i2 affiliation for the entirety of the academic year. All fellows will receive a stipend of $8,000.00. All meetings will be virtual.

To apply, please submit your CV, a copy of your prospectus and a short cover letter to swood at c2i2.ucla.edu<mailto:swood at c2i2.ucla.edu> by April 30. We will respond to all applicants by May 10, 2023.

This fellowship is made possible with the support of the Minderoo Foundation.

Stacy E. Wood MLIS, PhD
Director of Research and Programs
UCLA Center for Critical Internet Inquiry
stacyewood.com