[Air-L] PhD and Postdoc position in Infrastructural Ideologies at the critical infrastructure lab at the University of Amsterdam

Niels ten Oever lists at digitaldissidents.org
Tue Apr 9 01:23:21 PDT 2024

Dear friends, comrades, and colleagues,

The [critical infrastructure lab](https://www.criticalinfralab.net/) at the University of Amsterdam offers a fully funded four-year PhD position and a fully funded two-year postdoc position.

In the project, we will examine the structuration of internet infrastructure with a particular emphasis on the research-policy-implementation pipeline of communication controls. Through this work, we hope to find different infrastructural ideologies in the communications networks of the EU, Russia, and China.

Please consider applying or sharing this with others who might be interested:

PhD candidate position (application deadline May 10):
https://vacatures.uva.nl/UvA/job/PhD-Position-in-Infrastructural-Ideologies-in-the-EU%2C-Russia%2C-and-China/792176802/

Postdoc position (application deadline May 1):
https://vacatures.uva.nl/UvA/job/Postdoc-Infrastuctural-Ideologies-in-the-EU%2C-Russia%2C-and-China/791455202/

At the critical infrastructure lab, we are dedicated to researching power and contestation in transnational communication infrastructures. Our ultimate goal is to foster the development of alternative infrastructural futures that prioritize people and planet over profit and capital.

All the best,

Niels
--
Niels ten Oever, PhD
Co-Principal Investigator - critical infrastructure lab - University of Amsterdam

W: https://criticalinfralab.net
W: https://nielstenoever.net
PGP: 4254 ECD5 D4CF F6AF 8B91 0D9F EFAD 2E49 CC90 C10C