[Air-L] several openings in the UNESCO AI Ethics team

duaa.ayounes at gmail.com duaa.ayounes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 02:40:45 PDT 2024

Dear all,

Feel free to disseminate widely

See below announcement of a couple of openings in our AI Ethics team at
UNESCO,

I am not objective but the team is great and the work is really impactful,

I am currently on maternity leave so my email response is slow, but I'll try
to pay attention to written questions regarding any of those positions,

Some of the openings are consultancies and others are more of full time
positions within the team,

Do you want to join UNESCO's effort to secure ethical future for AI? Are you
interested in building effective AI governance frameworks worldwide? Then
use your relevant knowledge and skills to contribute to these aims with
UNESCO's Ethics of AI team, and apply for the newly announced vacancies for
two exciting initiatives:

Promoting Ethical Governance of AI Project provides comprehensive assistance
to five countries to implement UNESCO's Recommendation on the Ethics of AI
and produces actionable knowledge and policy-oriented research to support
effective AI governance in these countries and globally.  UNESCO is looking
for experts to lead on the following workstreams:

*	Developing Models of AI Governance Framework
<https://careers.unesco.org/job/Other-cities-Consultant/791818302/>
(Deadline 17 April)
*	Mapping Global
<https://careers.unesco.org/job/Other-cities-Consultant/791818602/> Market
Trends in AI (Deadline 17 April)
*	Exploring AI
<https://careers.unesco.org/job/Other-cities-Consultant/791819202/> 's
impact on the Equity, Non-discrimination, and Inclusion Agenda (Deadline 17
April)

Supervising AI by Competent Authorities Project aims to provide support to
the Dutch Authority for Digital Infrastructure, and to the members of the
Dutch and European Working Groups of Competent Authorities on AI, to enhance
their competencies and capacity to supervise AI in compliance with the EU AI
Act and other relevant legislation and international standards, such as
UNESCO's Recommendation on the Ethics of AI. UNESCO is looking for experts
for the following positions:

*	Project Coordinator
<https://careers.unesco.org/job/Other-cities-Consultant-Project-Coordinator/
791819602/>  (Deadline 17 April)
*	Lead Expert for developing training outputs and facilitating
knowledge transfer
<https://careers.unesco.org/job/Other-cities-Project-Consultant/791770102/>
(Deadline 16 April)
*	Lead Expert for conducting research for case studies and policy
outputs
<https://careers.unesco.org/job/Other-cities-Project-Consultant/791769902/>
(Deadline 16 April)

Please follow the instructions provided in the announcements to submit your
application by the indicated deadline. If you have any questions, please
contact the Ethics of AI Unit at admin-ai-ethics at unesco.org
<mailto:admin-ai-ethics at unesco.org>

Best regards

Doaa