[Air-L] Seeking Funding for Research on ICT Laws in Haiti

Jameson Pierre-Louis connectjamesonpierrelouis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 05:34:27 PDT 2024

Dear Internet Research Association Members,

My name is Jameson PIERRE-LOUIS, and I am writing to reach out to the
community for assistance in securing funding for a vital research project.

The project aims to compile a comprehensive list of existing legal texts
applicable to Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in Haiti.
This compilation will be accompanied by footnotes analyzing the
applicability of each law to the evolving digital landscape.

This resource will be invaluable for policymakers, researchers, and the
general public, promoting a deeper understanding of the legal framework
surrounding technology in Haiti.

I have previously contacted several governmental agencies to explore
funding possibilities, but unfortunately, haven't received any positive
Association community in hopes of identifying potential external funding
sources.

Specifically, I would appreciate any insights or information on:

Grant programs: Are there any known grant programs supporting research
projects related to ICT law and policy in developing countries,
particularly Haiti?

Private foundations: Can anyone recommend private foundations with a focus
on digital development or legal research initiatives in Haiti?

 Crowdfunding platforms:  Have any members of the community had success
with using crowdfunding platforms to raise funds for similar research
projects? Please bear in mind that people from Haiti are not eligible to
start crowdfunding campaign on major platforms such as Gofundme.

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I believe this
research project has the potential to make a significant contribution to
the digital development of Haiti, and I am committed to finding the
resources needed to bring it to fruition.

Sincerely,

Jameson Pierre-Louis