[Air-L] Memorial session for John Monberg at AoIR on Friday, 20 October

Holly Kruse holly.kruse at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 14:25:38 PDT 2023

If you were a friend, colleague, acquaintance, and/or admirer of John Monberg and his work, I hope that you will consider joining me and others at a very, very informal memorial session for John at the conference in Philadelphia at 5:00 p.m. on Friday the 20th of October.

John was a brilliant scholar and a warm and kind person, and he was a frequent participant in AoIR conferences during the first decade of the association’s existence – starting with the second annual conference – and well into its second decade. He died earlier this year at age 59: https://wrac.msu.edu/2023/07/14/wrac-mourns-the-loss-of-professor-john-monberg/ <https://wrac.msu.edu/2023/07/14/wrac-mourns-the-loss-of-professor-john-monberg/>.

This year’s conference team gave me time and space on the program (https://www.conftool.org/aoir2023/index.php?page=browseSessions&form_session=446&presentations=show <https://www.conftool.org/aoir2023/index.php?page=browseSessions&form_session=446&presentations=show>): thank you, Adrienne and crew! John’s wife Terese and brother Matt will be there. A few people who won’t be at the conference but who want to participate will be doing so via Zoom. If you’d like to do that, please contact Laura Gurak at gurakL at umn.edu <mailto:gurakL at umn.edu>.

Holly

---
Holly Kruse, Ph.D.
Professor