[Air-L] AI-Generated Video Translation

Paul Levinson levinson.paul at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 11:35:57 PDT 2023

Here's an AI-generated translation
<https://youtu.be/74V1Xw5P5Q8?si=Glavf7GGYQNHPdjs> of my English into Hindi
by Emon Hassan -- it's of me talking about my 2006 time-travel novel, The
Plot to Save Socrates
<https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AMUDJNS/ref=nosim/?tag=dexter2a-20>, in 2010
(AI by Hey Gen; from an interview Emon conducted w/me in 2010) (English
follows Hindi in video). I actually think I sound a little better in Hindi
than English :)

I'm also very glad Hey Gen ID's itself in the lower right corner -- a good
way of demonstrating that AI is not attempting to deceive.  I understand
that this watermark appears only on sample or test copies of the Hey Gen AI
product.  And, also, that it's easy to remove them.  But I'd nonetheless
like to see these logos on all AI products -- they should be mandatory and
indelible.

You can also watch the video here on Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxWRc3qvPwc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==>
.

-- PL