[Air-L] Special Issue of Information, Communication & Society for #AoIR2022

Nicholas John n.john at huji.ac.il
Tue Oct 31 05:13:38 PDT 2023

Every year, AoIR in conjunction with the journal, *Information,
Communication & Society* publishes a special issue of the best work
presented at our conference. As we all catch our breath from the fantastic
event that was #AoIR2023, you are invited to browse the special issue
drawing from work presented at #AoIR2022 in Dublin, where the conference
theme was “Decolonising the internet”.

We are extremely grateful to our Guest Editors—Andrew Illiadis, Eugenia
Siapera and Tetanya Lokot—for their hard work in bringing this wonderful
special issue together, and thank *IC&S* for their ongoing support and
partnership.

The issue is available here:
https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rics20/26/12?nav=tocList

This is the table of contents:

Iliadis A, Siapera E and Lokot T (2023) Decolonising the internet: an
introduction to the #AoIR2022 special issue. *Information, Communication &
Society* 26(12). Routledge: 2369–2375.

Marshall A, Osman K, Rogers J, et al. (2023) Connecting in the Gulf:
exploring digital inclusion for Indigenous families on Mornington
Island. *Information,
Communication & Society* 26(12). Routledge: 2376–2397.

Lewis K (2023) Colonising the narrative space: unliveable lives, unseeable
struggles and the necropolitical governance of digital populations.
*Information,
Communication & Society* 26(12). Routledge: 2398–2418.

Gagliardone I, Pohjonen M, Diepeveen S, et al. (2023) Clones and zombies:
rethinking conspiracy theories and the digital public sphere through a
(post)-colonial perspective. *Information, Communication & Society* 26(12).
Routledge: 2419–2438.

Cheong N, Johns A and Byron P (2023) Queering the ‘resourcing’ of LGBTQ+
young people in the Asia Pacific. *Information, Communication &
Society* 26(12).
Routledge: 2439–2456.

Morales E and Reilly K (2023) The unhomed data subject: negotiating
datafication in Latin America. *Information, Communication & Society* 26(12).
Routledge: 2457–2471.

Lee J and Ahn C (2023) Colonizers in the neighborhood: a critical discourse
analysis of Nextdoor users’ postracial strategies. *Information,
Communication & Society* 26(12). Routledge: 2472–2487.

Strand C and Svensson J (2023) Challenging the legacy of the past and
present intimate colonialization – a study of Ugandan LGBT+ activism in
times of shrinking communicative space. *Information, Communication &
Society*26(12). Routledge: 2488–2505.

Happy reading,

Nik

Nicholas John
Associate Professor
President, Association of Internet Researchers
Department of Communication and Journalism
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
T +972 54 7906073