[Air-L] some recent postings on networkcultures.org

Geert Lovink geert at networkcultures.org
Wed Oct 11 09:32:23 PDT 2023

Dear AoIR list members, here a selection of texts our Institute of Network Cultures recently published:

- A INC Longform by former intern Kate Babin, who started her PhD this month at Coventry University on the topic of toxic masculinity. In this essay she describes the months she spent on an Incel forum (her UvA Mediastudies MA thesis). https://networkcultures.org/longform/2023/09/05/condemned-to-rot-alone-the-incel-paradox-of-collective-loneliness/.

- INC Lonform of Michael Mersinis from Glasgow: Transmissions for Ukraine about short wave radio experiments to reach out to Ukraine. https://networkcultures.org/longform/2023/09/14/transmissions-for-ukraine/

- Naomi Hubert on My, Myself and Miquela: Positioning the Digital Being, an INC Longform, full of design examples of virtual personas. https://networkcultures.org/longform/2023/09/14/my-myself-and-miquela-positioning-the-digital-being/.

- The Kawayoku Inception, human rights violations and onlyfans streamers, unboxing and sniping, #pewpew and #militarycurves, war and ahegao: this video plus references by Noura Tafeche <https://nouratafeche.com/> is an archival project that aims to shape under a new taxonomy contemporary digital elusiveness and the ultimate stage of cute-violence sublimation. https://networkcultures.org/void/2023/09/26/kawayoku-inception/ (watch this video!)

- Interview with German media theorist Vera Tollmann on her book View from Above, by Geert Lovink
https://networkcultures.org/geert/2023/10/11/interview-with-german-media-theorist-vera-tollmann-on-view-from-above

- UKRAiNATV Manifesto (a wild and utopian streaming art initiative, webcasting out of Krakow into cyberspace)
https://networkcultures.org/tactical-media-room/2023/10/05/ukrainatv-manifesto/

- How Extinction Rebellion NL Is Using Memes to Change the Narrative Around the Climate Crisis by Chloë Arkenbout
https://networkcultures.org/viralimageculture/2023/09/28/memes-as-a-portal-to-the-past-and-future-how-extinction-rebellion-is-using-memes-to-change-the-narrative-around-the-climate-crisis/

Geert