[Air-L] Call for participation: public interest AI networking event at AoIR 2023

Hadi Asghari hadi.asghari at hiig.de
Mon Oct 9 13:06:18 PDT 2023

Dear Fellow Researchers,

We would like to invite anyone attending AoIR 2023 and interested in the
topic of public interest tech/AI to a transatlantic networking event that
we will be hosting (as a pre-conference workshop) on October 18th.
We—the research
group on public interest AI at the Humboldt Institute for Internet and
Society in Berlin <https://www.hiig.de/en/project/public-interest-ai/>—have
been focused on ways to develop and implement AI in order to serve the
public interest. We have also been seeing an increase in the number of
projects that aim to do just this. However, many researchers working on
this topic don’t know each other or these other projects yet. Therefore we
are inviting you to our workshop and networking event. You are free to join
both parts or just join for the networking session, which will be the
second half of our workshop.

When: October 18th, 8:30am, *networking event starts at 10:30 am*
Location: Howard Gittis Student Center HGSC 200B

*Agenda:  *8:30 -10:00 4 presentations of submitted papers 10:00-10:30 coffee
break 10:30-12:00 networking event for public interest tech/AI projects &
research

You don’t need to prepare, and can just come along. But it would be helpful
if you send us a short message regarding your planned attendance beforehand
(to hadi.asghari at hiig.de or  theresa.zueger at hiig.de).

Workshop link:
https://www.conftool.org/aoir2023/index.php?page=browseSessions&form_session=419&presentations=show

We look forward to an inspiring discussion,

Hadi Asghari & Theresa Züger

--
Alexander von Humboldt Institut für Internet und Gesellschaft gGmbH
Französische Straße 9 · 10117 Berlin

Gesellschaftssitz Berlin |
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg | HRB 140911B |  USt-ID DE 291 151 171
Forschungsdirektorium: Prof. Dr. Jeanette Hofmann (Geschäftsführung) ·
Prof. Dr. Björn Scheuermann · Prof. Dr. Dr. Thomas Schildhauer · Prof. Dr.
Wolfgang Schulz  |  Geschäftsführung: Dr. Karina Preiß