[Air-L] Article on data imaginaries

Sananda Sahoo sananda.sahoo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 16:14:21 PST 2023

Dear all,

An article that had been in the works for a long time just dropped in the
ether:

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/bjhs-themes/article/biometric-datas-colonial-imaginaries-continue-in-aadhaars-minimal-data/2A70115E83C9C9D8CD440D683EF05287

I discuss and argue how data imaginaries develop and are used to justify
data analysis methods and, at times, governance through a couple of
specific cases. I hope you will find it an interesting and useful read.

It does take a village to raise an article. I am grateful to all who helped
me along the way.

Have a lovely evening,

Sananda

*Sananda Sahoo *

Ph.D. Candidate, Media Studies

Faculty of Information and Media Studies

Western University
ssahoo3 at uwo.ca
@SanandaSahoo

Western University is situated on the traditional territories of the
Anishinaabeg, Haudenosaunee, Lunaapeewak, and Attawandaron peoples, who
have longstanding relationships with the land and region of southwestern
Ontario and the City of London. The local First Nation communities of this
area include the Chippewas of the Thames First Nation, Oneida Nation of the
Thames, and Munsee Delaware Nation.