[Air-L] New book announcement

Anna Gjika gjikaphd at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 09:29:36 PST 2023

Dear colleagues,

I am excited to announce that my new book, *When Rape Goes Viral: Youth and
Sexual Assault in the Digital Age, *is out today!

The book examines the causes of image-based sexual violence among
teens, and the need for a more thorough examination of the social and legal
afterlife of digital artifacts.  It will be of interest to anyone teaching
at the intersections of technology and sociology, gender & sexuality
studies, youth studies, and more specifically, anyone working on VAWG and
tech-facilitated abuse.

I hope you buy it, read it, discuss it, and teach with it. Please reach out
if you want to talk about it further, want me to zoom in on your classes,
or any other opportunities to engage with the book.

You can read more about the book here:
https://www.ucpress.edu/book/9780520391048/when-rape-goes-viral

And here:
https://www.ucpress.edu/blog/64067/qa-with-anna-gjika-author-of-when-rape-goes-viral/

You can find the book on the UC Press website (link above) as well as any
major book retailer. If you order from the UC site, you can use code
UCPSAVE30 for 30% off.

Thank you!

Anna Gjika, PhD
Assistant Professor of Sociology