[Air-L] PhD opportunities at the iSchool (University of Texas at Austin)

Edgar Gómez Cruz tesisedgar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 13:12:31 PST 2023

The University of Texas at Austin's School of Information (iSchool) is
seeking talented and committed students to join our Ph.D. Program in Fall
2024! We seek passionate and driven applicants who are excited to undertake
cutting-edge research to benefit the world and its people.

December 1st is our deadline to apply for fall 2024 admissions
<https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/programs/phd-admissions>. Late applications
may be submitted but are not guaranteed equal consideration. For additional
information, please refer to our admissions website
<https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/programs/phd-admissions> and recorded
information session <https://youtu.be/_9OJ-uGo-Cg>.

We will host a live information session online on Wednesday, November 15th
(12pm-1pm US CDT). Event link: https://utexas.zoom.us/j/94848553117.

Our iSchool is a top-ranked PhD program committed to making a difference in
the world through high-impact research
<https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/research>. Our work seeks to enhance human
lives and communities by understanding the impact and potential of
information, in all its forms. We work to harness the massive scale and
value of information, discover the principles and processes to manage it,
and design solutions that are novel, creative, accessible, useful, usable,
and sustainable. To increase understanding of the role and impact of
information in all human endeavors, we study problems and develop solutions
and critique for better information design, management, organization,
access, preservation, and retrieval. The study of information can encompass
and often extends beyond any existing field. Our world-class,
interdisciplinary faculty
<https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/people/ischool-faculty-staff-students>
spans a wide range of expertise: anthropology, communications, computer
science, industrial engineering, library and information science,
psychology, science & technology studies, and more.

Our school has a strong tradition of fully financially supporting our
doctoral students through a combination of Fellowships, Research
Assistantships, and Teaching Assistantships. Our support packages are
competitive, including tuition, health insurance, and a stipend sufficient
to live comfortably in Austin.

Beyond our top-ranked international graduate program, UT Austin is one of
the world's premier research universities and is located in one of the
USA's sunniest and most vibrant cities in which to live and work:

   -

   http://www.utexas.edu/about/overview
   -

   http://www.utexas.edu/campus-life/life-in-austin
   -

   https://www.austintexas.org/things-to-do/

Our university’s motto is not only that "What Starts Here Changes the World"
<https://www.utexas.edu/> and we invite our community to "Make it Y/OUR
Texas." Everyone who joins the iSchool community helps contribute to and
amplifies our shared sense of belonging and purpose. We hope that you will
embrace the opportunity and challenge that our PhD program offers and join
us in conducting high-impact research that truly changes the world.

We look forward to your application! For any questions about admissions to
our doctoral program, please contact us at graduateadmit at ischool.utexas.edu.