[Air-L] Open Position: Postdoctoral Researcher for Vera.ai Project at the University of Urbino, Italy

Giglietto, Fabio fabio.giglietto at uniurb.it
Fri Jul 21 09:20:57 PDT 2023

Hello AoIR community,

I trust this message finds you all in good health and high spirits. I
wanted to take a moment to share an exciting opportunity that has emerged
at the University of Urbino in Italy.

We're currently looking for a dedicated postdoctoral researcher to become
part of our Vera.ai project. This is a three-year research initiative
generously funded by the European Union's Horizon Research and Innovation
Actions. Our mission is to create reliable AI solutions to tackle advanced
disinformation techniques. To this end, we focus our research on detecting
coordinated information operations, analyzing the disinformation narratives
and campaigns they generate, and assessing the impact they have.

The research responsibilities for this position involve two intertwined
aspects. Initially, we are pouring our energies into the detection of
coordinated sharing behaviors and the modeling of disinformation campaigns.
This in-depth analysis is crucial to comprehend the structure and
dissemination strategies of disinformation. Concurrently, we're
concentrating on evaluating the impact of disinformation campaigns and
scrutinizing the role of online platform algorithms that may be encouraging
their spread. Our ultimate goal is to formulate a complete picture of the
disinformation landscape, from inception and distribution to impact and
countermeasures.

While having experience in inferential statistics, network science, topic
modeling, and cluster analysis would certainly be advantageous, we're
primarily interested in your alignment with the project's objectives.
Familiarity with the CooRnet R package would also be valuable, although
it's not a strict requirement.