[Air-L] #AoIR2023 Plenary Panel • 19 October 2023

Michelle, Association of Internet Researchers ac at aoir.org
Wed Jul 19 13:42:35 PDT 2023

We are very happy to announce our Plenary Panel for #AoIR2023:
Revolutions– Global
Challenges to a “Green Revolution” for the Internet. On this panel critical
internet scholars, Nanna Thylstrup and Seryam Avle, will be in conversation
with Ingrid Burrington and Vusumuzi Maphosa, two members of a transnational
team of researchers, funded by the Internet Society, investigating the
processes of digital wasting throughout the tech supply chain from
extraction in Greenland, to waste produced from chip fabrication in Taiwan
and Silicon Valley, to wastes associated with industrial computing in the
US, through to post-consumer discard practices and risks in Zimbabwe.
Chaired by Lauren Bridges and Zane Cooper, Co-Principal Investigators of
the Internet Society research team, this plenary will interrogate the scale
and reach of the internet’s environmental impact, and draw out some
pressing questions of material politics facing the field of internet
research. More details available here
<https://aoir.org/aoir2023/aoir2023keynoteplenary/>. The plenary session
will take place at the Sonesta Hotel on 19 October, 2023.

As a reminder, the early registration rate deadline for the #AoIR2023
Revolutions <https://aoir.org/aoir2023/> is 1 August 2023.

All presenting authors must be registered by 1 August 2023 deadline to be
included in the 2023 program.

Registration is available here: https://members.aoir.org/event-5288994

In addition, to get AoIR’s discounted rate for the conference hotel,
bookings should be made using this link before 26 September:
https://book.passkey.com/go/AoIR2023

We look forward to seeing you all in Philadelphia!

#AoIR2023 Conference Committee