[Air-L] AoIR2023 Keynote Speaker Announcement

Michelle, Association of Internet Researchers ac at aoir.org
Wed Jul 12 15:00:10 PDT 2023

We are very happy to announce that our Keynote for #AoIR2023: Revolutions
will be *Aymar Jean “AJ” Christian *from Northwestern University! His talk
will be titled: Reparative Media – Cultivating Stories and Platforms to
Heal our Culture. You can find more details here
<https://aoir.org/aoir2023/aoir2022keynoteplenary/>.

The main conference will be held at the Sonesta Hotel Rittenhouse Square,
but the preconferences and keynote will take place on Temple University’s
main campus on 18 October, 2023.

As a reminder*, the Early Registration Deadline for  #AoIR2023
<https://aoir.org>  is 1 August 2023. After that date the price increases,
so take advantage of the early registration discount.* When you register
please consider volunteering to moderate panels; you’ll be given all the
instructions you need to do so, and the more people who volunteer the more
we can spread out this labor.

Registration is open here: https://members.aoir.org/event-5288994
Be sure you are logged in as a member to get member discounts!

Once you’ve registered, you can book your hotel room at our negotiated rate
here (you MUST use this link to get the special rate):
https://book.passkey.com/go/AoIR2023
AoIR has committed to a certain number of booked rooms; *please* help us
meet this commitment by staying at the conference hotel.

*IMPORTANT:*
*All presenting authors must be registered by 1 August 2023 to be included
on the program. *During the registration process you will be asked to
indicate if you are attending the keynote and various receptions. Please
mark each of these events based on your actual attendance as we book
facilities and catering based on your responses.

Some people traveling to the United States of America will require a Travel
Visa. Please look into this soon if you haven’t already, as some of these
have a longer wait than others.

Finally, the host team has put together our own guide to Philadelphia
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F3LsNRhOV63abFUlGJoritzVR18xw-oe9PYFtK85DDs/edit?usp=sharing>
(we will continue to add information, but if there is something you’d like
to know or don’t see already just ask one of us)
<https://aoir.org/aoir2023/aoir2023confcom/>.

We look forward to seeing you in Philadelphia!
#AoIR2023 Conference Committee