[Air-L] Winter 2024 Disrupting Disruptions schedule of events (the feminist and accessible publishing, communications, and tech speaker and workshop series)

Alexandra Ketchum alexandraketchum at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 07:52:34 PST 2023

We are so excited to announce the Winter 2024 schedule of events for
Disrupting Disruptions: the Feminist and Accessible Publishing,
Communications, and Tech Speaker and Workshop Series!

All events are free, virtual or hybrid (so join us in person in Montreal
for the hybrid events if you'd like), and professionally CART captioned.
You need to register for the events to get the zoom link.

Below is our winter 2024 schedule-- for more information go to:
http://disruptingdisruptions.com or
https://www.feministandaccessiblepublishingandtechnology.com/p/schedule-of-events.html.
We are going to add another 1-2 events in the coming weeks.

*January 4, 2024: Alisha B Wormsley on Shrines for the Familiar: Radical
World Building through Collective Dreaming
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/alisha-b-wormsley-on-radical-world-building-through-collective-dreaming-tickets-778410425537?aff=oddtdtcreator>,
6 PM ET (virtual) *

*January 9, 2024: Dr. Aron Lee Rosenberg on Jacking Out: A Year Spent
Offline
<https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/dr-aron-lee-rosenberg-on-jacking-out-a-year-spent-offline-hybrid-event-tickets-776337946697?aff=oddtdtcreator>,
Noon- 1:30 PM ET (hybrid)*

*January 16, 2024: Dr. Margaret Galvan on In Visible Archives: Queer and
Feminist Visual Culture in the 1980s
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dr-margaret-galvan-on-in-visible-archives-queer-and-feminist-virtual-tickets-776483020617?aff=oddtdtcreator>,
6 PM ET (virtual)*

*January 24, 2024: Dr. Jaipreet Virdi on Deaf Futurity
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dr-jaipreet-virdi-on-deaf-futurity-virtual-tickets-776503431667?aff=oddtdtcreator>,
6 PM ET (virtual), in addition to CART captioning, we will have ASL
interpretation*

*January 29, 2024: Dr. Sasha Luccioni on AI and Climate Change: Equating
Positive Impacts with Negative Effects,
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dr-sasha-luccioni-on-ai-and-climate-change-hybrid-tickets-776381677497?aff=oddtdtcreator>
Noon
ET (hyrbid)*

*February 7, 2024: Tawana Petty on In Pursuit of Data Justice: When Opting
Out Becomes Improbable
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tawana-petty-virtual-tickets-779705138057?aff=oddtdtcreator>,
6 PM ET (virtual)*

*February 13, 2024: Dr. Brenna Clarke Gray on Every Technology Was
Somebody’s Choice: Resisting Inevitability Discourse and Recognizing Power
in the Generative AI “Revolution,"
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dr-brenna-clarke-gray-virtual-tickets-779712831067?aff=oddtdtcreator>6
PM ET (virtual)*

*February 15, 2024: Khari Johnson on AI and Journalism
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/khari-johnson-on-ai-and-journalism-tickets-782305596097?aff=oddtdtcreator>,
6 PM (virtual)*

February 21, 2024: Dr. Mél Hogan on the Environmental Impacts of Chat GPT
and AI Technologies
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dr-mel-hogan-on-the-environmental-impacts-of-chat-gpt-ai-tech-virtual-tickets-776637663157?aff=oddtdtcreator>,
6 PM ET (virtual)

May 7, 2024: Dr. Ashley Shew on Against Technoableism
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dr-ashley-shew-on-against-technoableism-virtual-tickets-776624463677?aff=oddtdtcreator>,
6 PM ET (virtual). This event is part of the Ada X HTMlles festival

Events are organized by Dr. Alex Ketchum at McGill
University's Institute for Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist Studies. Thank
you to our funders: SSHRC Connection Grant: Digital Citizen Research, the
Sustainability Projects Fund, Ada X, IGSF, Indigenous Futures Research
Centre, MILA, Digs Lab, Algorithmic Observatory, and more!
.